Dr. Ali Kasraeian
Urologist in Jacksonville, FL
Dr. Ali offers a truly unique professional service as a personal “2nd Opinion Expert”.
Fellowship trained in advanced laparoscopic and robotic urological surgery at the Montsouris Institute in Paris, France. His interests include minimally invasive and ablative surgery for prostate cancer, bladder cancer and kidney masses. His knowledge, training and compassion solidify him as your personal guide through all of the available treatment options and needs of your specific diagnosis.
Together with his father, Dr. Ahmad Kasraeian, named among America’s top 7 percent of physicians, and recently honored as one of US News & World Report’s “Best Doctors,” they provide comprehensive urologic care specializing in minimally invasive surgery.
- Specializing in Second Opinions for Cancer & Urologic Conditions
- Fellowship Trained Robotic Surgeon
- Prostate Cancer Diagnosis & Treatment
- Bladder & Kidney Cancer
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Female Urology
- Kidney Stones
Education & Training
Dr. Ali Kasraeian is one of a few surgeons in the region able to perform open, laparoscopic and robotic prostate, bladder, kidney, and reconstructive surgery. In addition, he is trained as a HIFU (High Intensity Focused Ultrasound) surgeon, a minimally invasive therapy for localized prostate cancer. Dr. Kasraeian and his team were among the few clinics to bring multi-parametric MRI and MRI-Ultrasound Fusion Prostate Biopsy to Jacksonville. This advanced diagnostic technique allows for more precise diagnosis of lesions within the prostate that may be missed with standard biopsy techniques.
- Fellowship: Advanced Laparoscopic, Robotic & Minimally Invasive Surgery, Montsouris Institute, Paris, 2007-2008
- Residency: University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, 2002-2007
- Doctor of Medicine with Research Honors, University of Florida, College of Medicine, 1997-2002
- Post Baccalaureate, Department of Psychology – University of Florida, 1996-1997
- Bachelor of Science with Honors, University of Florida, 1992-1996
Hospital & Professional Affiliation
- Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville
- Baptist Medical Center Beaches
- Memorial Hospital
- St. Vincent’s Southside (St. Lukes)
- Shands Hospital University of Florida
- American College of Surgeons Fellow
- Society of Robotic Surgery
- American Cancer Society – Duval County Operation Board
- Cancer Committee Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville, FL
- Cancer Committee Memorial Hospital Jacksonville, FL
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville, FL
- European Association of Urology
- American Urologic Association
Recognitions / Awards / Languages
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
- Jacksonville Top Doctor (2010, 2011, 2012)
- Excellence in Medical Education Award, University of Florida College of Medicine Society of Teaching Scholars (2005)Wise Owl Award, Florida Urological Society (2004)
- Ambrose Paré Award Excellence in Surgery as a Medical Student, American College of Surgeons, Florida Chapter (2002)
- Named among “America’s Top Surgeons” by the Consumers’ Research Council of America
Media / Community Awareness
Dr. Ali Kasraeian has made appearances on major television networks in Jacksonville, such as CBS WTEV, FOX WAWS, NBC WTLV, ABC WJXX; on radio WJCT (89.9 FM), and even wrote a regular column in Times Union called “Ask The Expert”. Dr. Ali Kasraeian is currently the Medical Correspondent for WJXT Channel 4, and hosts “The Conversation” – a radio show on WOKV (106.5 FM, 690 AM).